2011-11-03

A Belated Happy Halloween

It is a little late for Halloween, but I wanted to share my spooky vintage find of the year.

My Creepy Doll

I found this doll for a song at a local flea market. I think she was a good buy and I was lucky to grab her when I did because I got 'ooh's and comments from several ladies who saw her.  She's a really large composition doll, who's arms are wonderfully crackled with age.  She was wearing a horrid 80's looking purple dress, which probably contributed to the low price.   I chucked that right away. Luckily I had the little white antique baby dress which fit her perfectly.   When I saw her I knew she'd be perfect for photos.  I have this idea for some old/neglected/urban decay type photos to take using her.

0216075

0216076

Some little girl in the past painted her nails red
Crackled Hand



I've collected antique dolls for years, although I haven't bought any in as many. I think she was a 'mama' or a 'crier'.  She has a disc you can feel through the fabric of her back, but it doesn't make any sounds.  I haven't washed her up yet, because of the types of  photos I want to take, but also because there's something really cool? unique? interesting?  about her face.

It is the type of thing that could really creep a person out if you were so turned...

Tear Stains?

Do you see it? Looks like tear streaks, doesn't it?  lol  Of course I don't believe they are, but if I hear strange noises at night and the pitter pattering of little feet that don't belong to my daughters...this doll is so outta here.  That's all I'm saying.  lol   Just wanted to share my cool creepy little find.

No comments: